Monday, April 28, 2008

10 Year Reunion Update

Yes, it has been 10 years since we graduated from high school! It seems like just yesterday in some ways. 10 years???

Anyway, procrastinator that I am, I am having trouble finding the perfect reunion spot. The overwhelming response was the July 4th weekend. This is a busy weekend for resorts, camping, hotels, etc.

Here's my new idea. Please respond on this blog or email me: thebryants2@gmail.com with your thoughts. Be honest.

My parents have a cabin about an hour from the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport in MN. The cabin will sleep 13 people in beds, more on the floor. If you come with your kids, we have three bedrooms downstairs that are quieter and more conducive to kids going to sleep early. We also have a camper that sleeps 6 more, multiple tents, and there are small hotels in town.

Things to do: Swimming in the river at the cabin, or in the lake in town; canoeing and fishing in the river; soccer, croquet, badminton, volleyball, rugby, etc. in the lawn or in the fields in town; hiking in the St. Croix State Park(http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/st_croix/index.html); heading into the cities for a day at the Mall of America, catching a Twins game, shopping, etc; and catching up on our lives, just relaxing in the quiet of the rushing river water, the birds, and trees.

Let me know your honest opinion. This is a good option for the cost because there is no accomodations cost and food will just be a grocery bill we split. But, it is not an "organized" reunion with a fancy resort or huge events.

I only live about 10 minutes from the airport and can pick people up and then we can rent a big van to drive up, or if you drive we could carpool up from my house.

If you have a better idea or a better place, please, all ideas are welcomed.

Becky

4 comments:

BethanyG said...

Wow! Has it been 10 years already?! We would LOVE to be at RVA to celebrate and would really love to see everyone, but we just can't do it this summer. We are already planning a trip to New York and can't do two big trips in one summer. SAD!!!

Emily said...

I actually love the cabin idea. :)
When is blueberry season??? ;)

Emily said...

and I've never been to Minnesota... I'm in!
I think Northwest would probably have good flight options.. no?

The Bryants said...

Blueberry season is the end of the summer... we might be able to make it work if some people want to find blueberries. I'll look into that! Emily, I remember you talking about blueberries 10 years ago!
Becky

 
_uacct = "UA-1240956-1"; urchinTracker();